Saturday 5 January 2013

Thank Heavens for Creative NZ

I often accuse myself of being slow on the uptake, and it's true, I am. It's so easy to troll the web with only 'museum' in mind, looking for ideas or guidance for our rural museum. So thinking about arts and cultural organisations is not something I've done much of but I now realise these sectors are in the same boat we are.

In the past few days, I have been exploring and enjoying the many resources on the Creative NZ website. They have done massive research on audience profiles, using social media, and coaching arts organisations to take their vision to the next level. So much of what they've done is applicable to heritage organisations too. I highly recommend these resources starting with the Audience Atlas and Culture Segments. Also check out their videos and webinars.

Thanks Creative NZ.

We're open Wednesdays and Sundays, 2pm-4pm, and by request. Your comments are always welcome!

No comments: